Your purchase comes with life-time updates. If you haven’t received your updated copy, please ensure you look in your junk mail folder (from domain SendOwl which is our delivery platform). Alternatively, please email us.
v3.0 – Out Now
- Table of contents now available in all versions
- New look & feel including colour scheme and diagram style
- Lots of new diagrams
- Updated microphone positioning diagrams including:
- Colour coding
- 3D views
- 3D views available as YouTube videos linked from relevant sections
- New Section: Setup without subs
- New Section: Extra Bass
- New Chapter: Manual Editing of PEQs
- New Chapter: Loudness Compensation and YPAO Volume including
- Ability to create house curves for older AVRS based on loudness compensation principles
- New Curve Editor ExcelTool
- New Loudness Memories Excel Tool
- Running YPAO chapter divided into new subsections and reorganised
- Streaming Movies section added under After Running Room Correction chapter
- Multicast speaker issues incorporated
- New Section: About the Author
- YPAO Volume and Adaptive DRC section under YPAO Types and Features
- Voucher section updated based on billing system changes ($5 off first session).
- Links updated for The Room Treatment Guide (previously Building DIY Room Treatment Simply!)
- Smaller issue fixes
v2.2 – Released on Site & on Apple Books
- Brings it in line with Secrets of Audyssey v2.2
- Chapter 6 – Troubleshooting YPAO has been added – attention on DIY Sub Calibration Procedure using your iPhone and free apps / YouTube video
- A Note on Bass Traps section has been updated
- Section 1.3. Alternate Subwoofer Positioning Methods section has been added
- Multi Sub Optimiser section has been added under Chapter 4.1
- Designing Your Own Mic Pattern and Multi-Row Seating recommendations added under Chapter 4.2 Positions
- Appendix C. Integrating Dirac with YPAO has been added to provide high-level guidance
- SHC Logo added on front page
Requested and Planned Changes
Please note: updates are provided as a complementary service. The below changes are not guaranteed and release timings are subject to change. Therefore, it is advised you do not base your purchasing decision on the below list.
Some of the changes may be delivered as articles initially and only integrated into Secrets of Audyssey later on. Articles linked where applicable.
|1||Table of Contents||While the Apple Books version has meta-tags for table of contents, the PDF version will need a separate page. For now, please use this page.||COMPLETE||Mar 2022||v3.0|
|2||Head Diagrams Changes||The current tight and medium pattern head diagrams aren’t easy to follow for everyone so they will be updated with better graphics.||COMPLETE||Mar 2022||v3.0|
|3||Disney+||Integrate Disney+ settings from website – this article deals with the subject. Will consider for inclusion in the guide – with consideration that I don’t want to call Disney out in an official publication so might need further thought.||COMPLETE||TBA||v3.0|
|4||Manual EQ||More information on how to use Manual EQ within the receiver.|
For now the following articles and e-books deal with the subject:
May consider including more detail in The Lost Manual.
|5||Sub Setup||More detail was requested to be included.|
V2.2 of the guide provides more detail (Multi-Sub optimisation)
Will continue reviewing for each release.
|6||Sub-less Setups||There is no detail in the guide on setups without subwoofers. I will include more detail in the next release.||COMPLETE||Mar 2022||v3.0|
|7||Hard to understand||The guide assumes a certain level of technical ability. Unfortunately, it’s very difficult to get around that. Based on survey data, 98% of people found the guide easy to follow. However, there’s still 2% that will need some extra help.|
I will consider including a “How to Use This Guide” similar to what is in Secrets of Audyssey. I hope that will make it a bit easier to follow.
|8||Release in other languages||German seems to be the most pressing. I have access to an excellent German translator, however, certain sales targets need to be met in that region for me to be able to engage him and make it worth his while. Additionally, the guide text needs to stabilise (no large changes). I don’t see these two things happening until sometime next year.||Low||TBC|
|9||MusicCast speaker YPAO issue||Yamaha disables multi-point measurement when wireless surround speakers are connected. See this article||COMPLETE||Mar 2022||v3.0|
|10||Extra Bass||Cover more on extra bass.||COMPLETE||Mar 2022||v3.0|
|11||Integrate CinemaDSP Info||There are articles on CinemaDSP, which will be integrated into The Lost Manual||Low||TBC|