Your purchase comes with life-time updates. If you haven’t received your updated copy, please ensure you look in your junk mail folder (from domain SendOwl which is our delivery platform). Alternatively, please email us.
v3.2 – Out Now
- Fixes to spelling and grammar – thank you to those customers who report these issues – please keep reporting them.
- Please note that no release notification has been sent out for this release. You can grab it through your previous download link.
- Small amendment to calibration flow
- A brand new flowchart to explain the calibration steps in a visual manner.
- Audyssey Curve Editor out of beta – no changes from beta version
- Table of contents now available in all versions
- New look & feel including colour scheme and diagram style
- Lots of new diagrams
- Updated microphone positioning diagrams including:
- Colour coding
- 3D views
- 3D views available as YouTube videos linked from relevant sections
- New Microphone pattern: Pattern 4 – Restricted
- New Section: Setup without subs
- New Section: Blanker or No Blanker under Running Audyssey chapter
- New Sections: Audyssey Dynamic EQ & Dynamic Volume high-level setup
- Slightly reworked recommendations based on new research and measurements: of note the recommendation to lower sound input level for your Blu Ray player when playing bitstreamed Dolby / DTS soundtracks (movies only).
- New Section: Audyssey Setup per Content and per Input
- Updated Section: Surround Volume Level
- New Chapter: Using MultEQ-X to Improve Performance
- New Chapter: Loudness Compensation and Dynamic EQ (reworked from Dirac Live Guide for Audyssey).
- Running Audyssey chapter divided into new subsections and reorganised
- New Section: About the Author
- Voucher section updated based on billing system changes ($5 off first session).
- Links updated for The Room Treatment Guide (previously Building DIY Room Treatment Simply!)
- Smaller issue fixes
v2.2 – Released on Site & on Apple Books
- Introduction section has been refined
- A Note on Bass Traps section has been updated
- Section 1.3. Alternate Subwoofer Positioning Methods section has been added
- Multi Sub Optimiser section has been added under Chapter 4.1 Preparation
- The 6m Limit section has been added under Chapter 4.1 Preparation to call attention to 6m distance limit between speakers on Denon and Marantz receivers, how to check if you hit the limit and what to do about it.
- Audyssey Features section has been updated with Mobile App and MultEQ-X. Additional information has been added for Dynamic EQ regarding its surround envelopment feature.
- Designing Your Own Mic Pattern and Multi-Row Seating recommendations added under Chapter 4.2 Positions
- Appendix C. Integrating Dirac with Audyssey has been added to provide high-level guidance
- Audyssey Settings Per Input added at the end of Chapter 5.1 Receiver Settings
- Warning added under Audyssey Curve Editor Tool to ensure you only edit unedited files otherwise your changes will fail!
- Smaller grammatical issues corrected – more could be lurking – please report
- A more in-depth procedure has been provided for sub level adjustment in chapter 6.2
- The Audyssey Curve Editor Excel Tool (Microsoft Excel) is now available which allows you to edit the raw ADY files that the Audyssey app saves. This is still in beta – please report any issues.
- Appendix B. has been added as the user guide for the new Audyssey Curve Editor Excel Tool.
- SHC Logo added on front page
- Two new microphone positioning patterns (especially useful if there is still harshness to the sound or the tight patterns simply don’t work for your setup)
- Slightly amended recommendation regarding midrange compensation
- Chapter 6 – Troubleshooting Audyssey has been added. I would like to draw your attention to Chapter 6.3 Resolving Harshness especially, which provides detailed guidance and steps to resolving the issue step by step.
- A general music listening mode has been added which should work well for most music
- Other minor changes / nips and tucks
Requested and Planned Changes
Please note: updates are provided as a complementary service. The below changes are not guaranteed and release timings are subject to change. Therefore, it is advised you do not base your purchasing decision on the below list.
Some of the changes may be delivered as articles initially and only integrated into Secrets of Audyssey later on. Articles linked where applicable.
|1||Surround Envelopment Troubleshooting||Audyssey can at times get surround levels wrong based on program material and DEQ settings.||High||COMPLETE||v3.0|
|2||Video Game Audio modes||Suggestions on what settings to set video games consoles to.||High||COMPLETE||SOA v2.2|
|3||MultEQ-X||Users would like more information on MultEQ-X|
Basic info is provided in v2.2 and Audyssey has a user-guide which is linked from this article.
|4||Table of Contents||While the Apple Books version has meta-tags for table of contents, the PDF version will need a separate page. For now, please use this page.||High||COMPLETE||v3.0|
|5||Head Diagrams Changes||The current tight and medium pattern head diagrams aren’t easy to follow for everyone so they will be updated with better graphics.||High||COMPLETE||v3.0|
|6||Audyssey App File Transfers||Some detail is provided in Appendix B. Audyssey Curve Editor Tool. However, I don’t really talk about this in detail. May consider updating in a later release or as an article.||Low||TBA|
|7||Disney+||Integrate Disney+ settings from website.|
Some details are provided in v2.2 Chapter 5.1 for Audyssey settings per input. Additionally, this article deals with the subject. Will consider for inclusion in the guide – with consideration that I don’t want to call Disney out in an official publication so might need further thought.
|8||Sub-less setups||There is no detail in the guide on setups without subwoofers. I will include more detail in the next release.||High||COMPLETE||v3.0|
|9||More technical content||It is extremely difficult to hit a balance between the right language, technical ability required and making everyone happy. I am starting to offer more technical content in the Appendices and within some sections of the guide. |
Ultimately, if someone has done a TON of research and they need in-depth technical advice, it is best to book some time with me.
But I will continue to fill out the more technical areas on both the blog and the manual.
|10||Integrate Loudness Comp from Dirac Live Perfection||There is a new chapter and new info on Loudness Compensation in the Dirac Live Perfection guide that is relevant for Audyssey. I will integrate this info.||High||COMPLETE||v3.0|