Your purchase comes with life-time updates. If you haven’t received your updated copy, please ensure you look in your junk mail folder (from domain SendOwl which is our delivery platform). Alternatively, please email us.
v2.0 – 07 Aug 2022
- Complete rework of the flow of the guide to bring together greyscale, gamma and CMS sections into a chapter each.
- Tool-agnostic procedures are now in the appendices
- HCFR learning module has been brought forward
- Duplication removed where appropriate between tool-agnostic and HCFR-focused chapters
- Expert HCFR calibration has been push into the appendixes
- Brand new flowcharts for all sections where called for
- The guide should be easier to follow for learning, but does require the use of HCFR
- Lots of other nips and tucks
v1.2 – 4 Jul 2022
- Includes decision trees for which procedures to choose for greyscale, gamma and CMS calibration.
v1.1 – 29 Jun 2022
- Reworked section on HCFR, Argyll and sensor installation including providing additional details regarding the relationship between HCFR, Argyll, etc
- How to install drivers manually using ArgyllCMS if not supported out of the box by Windows.
- Links to the latest HCFR GitHub repo and releases
- Removed the section “Creating Spectral Corrections”. The section was not accurate enough and this should be explained in detail in Volume 2 where this is more relevant. More details are provided there for CCSS, CCMX creation and their relationship. (New sections in Volume 2 are called Creating Matrix Corrections and Creating Spectral Samples)
- Black Level Mismatch chapter updated with more concrete information on configuring the chain for automatic pattern generation.
- Amended “External Patterns” section
- Lots of small corrections to typos and other nips and tucks
- Initial Release
Requested and Planned Changes
Please note: updates are provided as a complementary service. The below changes are not guaranteed and release timings are subject to change. Therefore, it is advised you do not base your purchasing decision on the below list.
Some of the changes may be delivered as articles initially and only integrated into Dirac Live Perfection later on. Articles linked where applicable.
|1||Colour Theory||This was cut from the current releases but will get included in a future release. Not a critical area for now.||TBC||TBC|
|2||Examples||I will be providing articles on SimpleHomeCinema with example calibrations – including mistakes so people can learn. These should get included in a future release either as links or summaries.||TBC||TBC|
|3||Decision Trees||Include decision trees for greyscale, gamma and CMS calibration dependent on display controls.||High||Complete|
|4||Gamma||Detailed section about gamma standard BT.1886.||Medium||Sept ’22|
|Expanded intro sections for greyscale, gamma and gamut.||Low||Nov ’22|
|6||More pictures||More pictures for all practical sections.||High||Aug ’22|
|7||Grammar||There are some word repetitions and grammatical issues that need to be looked at.||High||Aug ’22|
|8||Colour Checker||Expand on the Colour Checker function in HCFR.||Medium||Sept ’22|